This is the official site of the Department of Horticulture, Government of Arunachal Pradesh, India. Our main job is to implement the Horticultural programmes and policies of the government of Arunachal Pradesh and the Government of India. Our motto is to make HORTICULTURE the mainstay of Arunachal Pradesh and to provide technical and material support to the farmers in achieving this goal. The department of HORTICULTURE came into being in the year: 1989 when it was bifurcated from the department of Agriculture, and since then, it has grown into a full pledged department with a separate Commissioner and a Director. The Directorate of Horticulture is located at Chimpu in state capital of Arunachal Pradesh, ITANAGAR.
- Improvement/Strengthening of existing Govt./Private nurseries.
- Research and development
- Area expansion in various fruits, spices, medicinal & aromatic crops.
- Farm mechanization
- Organic conversion of existing horticulture farms.
- Setting up of processing and packaging units for value addition of horticultural produce in the state.
- Facilitation of marketing of Horticultural produce.